Thursday, July 8, 2010

Goodbye Wine - 29th December 2009

At 2 weight watchers points per glass, it might be time to say goodbye to the wine I like so much.
I can still have the occasional glass, everything in moderation, as they say.
Last night, moderation was thrown out the window!
Last night I was at a BBQ with people that aren’t parents, I got to have conversations with people that didn’t involve discussing sleeping issues, eating habits or tantrum avoidance.
Last night I wasn’t Millar’s mum, I was Toushka. It was fantastic.
But Toushka likes wine.... a lot.
As it was the first day of the weightwatchers 12 week plan, I was doing well and actually had a few points up my sleeve. I was feeling good.
I had a salad at the BBQ and managed to resist the temptation of the chips and dips but was unable to resist the lindauer.  So I had a glass or two... or five... and then I stopped counting.
Darren says that at some point near the end of the night he saw me eating a piece of steak with my hands. I must have been really hungry... and quite drunk. Super classy.
This morning I was a mum again... which was not good because I felt like death. Luckily my superhero partner was able to take over until I was feeling better which wasn’t until midday!
After adding up my points on the weightwatchers website, I was not surprised to discover I had gone over my daily allowance.
I’m doing much better today and am back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment