Thursday, July 8, 2010

DIY wedding Invitations - 5th March 2010

We finally finished our wedding invitations and posted them off today.

Because we are only inviting family to the ceremony, there were only eight of these to send.
The bows were painful - I wish I could tie the perfect bow, but alas, Martha Stewart I am not.

Here are some pics for those that wanted to see them.

alt

This is the outside of the invite - it is a black CD gift box



alt


Then on the inside, the box is lined with black and white stripey paper.
The invitation folded and the stripes repeated - the ribbon adds ribbony goodness -
regardless of the fact it looks like an awareness week ribbon.



alt


And the actual invitation once opened, looks a lot like this - without my details whited out of course.
the observant among you will notice that it is Millar who is inviting people to our wedding. cute? I think so.


So we are pretty happy with how they turned out and after postage charges came to $68 (my dress was only $40) we are glad we did the invites ourself and didn't get them professionally done - but on the other hand I sometimes wish we had have sent an E-vite instead and saved the money and time.... but it's just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment