Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Cat, Azrael - 20th May 2009

Just wanted to share the story of my cat with you all. I don't need comments on this one.
About 6 years ago in Christchurch, New Zealand my mum knocked on my front door, when I answered she said "whose cat is that?". There was this tiny tiny black ball of cuteness in my garden, meowing up a storm! I told mum I had never seen her before but I'm sure she would find her way home and off we went (my mother and I had frequent breakfasts together at the honey pot cafe when we both lived in Christchurch)... anyway...
When we returned several hours later the little fluffball was still there! On closer inspection, mum and I decided the kitten could not have been more than 6 weeks old! so we bought her inside and gave her some milk and I defrosted a fish cake for her. She inhaled it all,  this was one hungry kitten.
She hung around all day. my flatmates and I thought we would see a "lost kitten" flyer somewhere or perhaps the kitten would just go home like cats do... but the cat never left. so we bought her a flea collar and feeding bowls and all that one needs and then we named her Azrael (yes, like the cat on the smurfs).
before I had a chance to sit her down and talk to her about the birds and the bees she got pregnant. She gave birth to 4 kittens in my bedroom and thats where they slept for the first 4 weeks. The kittens have new homes now and Azrael has been taken out of the reproduction game.
This cat has moved house with me 10 times and has moved country with me once. She has taken the addition of a new family member in her stride and is quite gentle with him even when he is not at all gentle with her. She is very accommodating.
I always thought I was a dog person.... until I met Azrael
                                                                  alt  

No comments:

Post a Comment