Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Final Verdict on the Ford Territory - 29th September 2009

So the Territory has gone back to it's rightful owners.
It's time for me to give my feedback.

Please keep in mind that I am only 5' tall so most of my negative points probably would not affect a normal sized person.

I loved
* how smooth this car drove. Millar and hubby always fell asleep in the car
* the reverse parking camera.
* the dual zone aircon that meant I could have my side of the car hot while hubby had his side cool.
* that I could reach Millar's aircon to adjust it while I was driving.
* the space next to the drivers seat made especially for my handbag
* that the petrol cap was tethered to the car so you cannot lose it.
* the display screen with the easy one touch trip info to check your fuel consumption and all the interesting stuff like that.
* the electric driver seat adjusty thingy including lumbar support
* the back door/boot, I could open the whole door or just the glass. very cool
* fuel economy better than expected
* the rear rubbish bin comes out completely making it easy to empty and can be put in the dishwasher.
* heaps of space in the back when the back seat are down.
* the handle that dangles down from the boot door when it's open. I'm super short so I needed this little handle otherwise that boot would still be open.

I didn't love

* the front pillar being in an annoying position creating a new blindspot
* how hard it is to access the back row because the middle seat doesn't fold up it just folds forward a bit
* that if you want to access the back row you can't put a car seat on that one seat that folds forward.
* that it was a struggle to get in and out of the car (no step on this one)
* no ipod connection
* the passenger seat did not have the nifty controls that the driver seat did
* the car was too big making it hard to park and when it was in my garage It was difficult to get groceries out of the boot.

The territory is perfect for long trips. I would love to have one to take away on weekends but keep a smaller car for the day to day stuff.

I thoroughly recommend taking one for a spin if you are looking for a new family car.

No comments:

Post a Comment