Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Flash New Car - 28th August 2009

Ok so I know the Ford Territory isn't actually mine. But for 4 whole blissful weeks I get to pretend it is. This car looks SOOOO good in my garage. And when I pull into my driveway and push the button to open the garage door, I get this bizarre flashback of when I was a child wishing for this when I grow up. So it's like a flashback of a flash forward.... If that makes any sense. Probably not. What I'm trying to say is I feel like the person I wanted to be when I grew up.

However, it's not exactly like I dreamed. Sarah wanted us to provide her with a family photo with the car. Sure I said, easy as. My mum is here for a week so she can take the photo, I'll just throw on a fabulous outfit and me, hubby and Millar will pose in front of the car and look like one of those beautiful and happy families you see on adverts for cars or insurance.
I found this grey poncho hidden in a back room of my house and thought "I haven't seen that in a while, I love that poncho, I shall wear it with jeans, I'll look fabulous" I don't know why I forget what I look like but in my mind when I'm planning an outfit, I am about 3 dress sizes thinner and about 5 inches taller.

It turns out there is a reason why this poncho was hidden in a back room. It's hideous.

Anyway, so we drive down to the red cliffs in Werribee to take some photos. The wind is crazy and it's really cold. Millar starts crying and my mum is not the photographer extrordinaire I imagined her to be, (again, my mind made up some fantasy that she was annie lebowitz). Our camera isn't exactly the bees knees either. So we have a few windswept photos with a crying baby. None of them match the picture I had in my head. (but we have established that I am delusional).

here are some of the photos.
alt Check out the hideous poncho...... at least the car looks good.
 alt  altMaybe black and white will be more flattering..... then again maybe not, why am I posing like that? who do I think I am?

alt alt  alt
 alt alt

    
The only thing that actually looks good is the car. The colour is called Ego. It's gorgeous, it's like hematype.
The interior is a dangerously pale beige colour that my son would be able to stain just by looking at it.
There are so many compartments for stuff that I want to get more stuff to go in the compartments.
And this car drives so smoothly. I often look down to see that I am driving way over the speed limit but it feels like I'm crawling along. I need to get used to that before I get in trouble.
my other car is a 1990 Toyota Camry station wagon,..... so I'm probably easily impressed. But I like the Ford Territory very much so far.
I always have something to complain about so I'll keep driving it and I'll find something, surely!

Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment