Thursday, July 8, 2010

I can't take my toddler anywhere! - 2nd June 2009

I'm sure I'm not the only one but somedays it feels like it.
yesterday, at Meredith's my son (who loves meredith's cupboards) broke a jug that was in the cupboard. Today he made lunch at the plaza the most stressful experience.
he is one of those kids that I thought other people had. The bad mums... the kids that throw tantrums and scream and stuff. I'm sure he is my karmic punishment for judging other mums when I was childless (and blissfully unaware of how much "joy" motherhood could be).
he can't sit still, and he has to scream and cry. even other children look at him with that judging look!
I wish I could either rewind to when he was a baby and either slept or fed or fast forward to when he's older and more restrained (or moves out of home)
don't get me wrong - I love my son dearly of course but some days are so bad I just want to ring the hospital and enquire about their refund policy.
Am I doing something wrong? He's 14 months old... is there something that works? am I not disciplining him enough? am I giving him too much attention or not enough? am I not taking him out enough so that he gets used to being out or am I taking him out too much? grrrrrrrrr
dagnammit and golly gosh!! #$%^&*!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment