Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...16th December 2009

..........But I
can't be bothered.

As much as I am looking forward to seeing my
family and friends in New Zealand over the next three weeks, I just can
not be Arsed with the packing and organising that goes into getting on a
plane.
Especially with a toddler.
My toddler refuses to go in a
pram or stay still EVER. So during check in and after check in, those
ridiculously long two hours of NOTHING TO DO, will be oh so much fun.
There is nothing I like better than chasing a toddler around an airport.
At
least on the plane there are some restraints.... but still...

Because
I am going alone with Millar and hubby is joining us later, and because
it is xmas, and because Virgin have had cancellations and delays over
the last two days. I KNOW the flight will be full. so that means I wont
have a spare seat next to me.
So it's 3.5 long hours with an 11 kilo
wriggly toddler strapped to me while I try to keep him entertained with a
bag of tricks I packed earlier in the 3 millimetres of space that we
have.

yay.

and THEN. When I get to NZ. I have to try and
get wriggly toddler to walk with me and stand still while I get my bags
off the carousel and then go through customs. Because that's heaps of
fun for a toddler.
Luckily I have stuff to declare. That is usually a
much shorter line. But It will still be hell.
By the time we get
through tomorrow's awesome travel experience I will be glad to hand sir
wriggles, king of the tantrum over to eagerly awaiting grandparents.
geez,
by then I may even just hand him to anyone waiting at the gate whether I
know them or not!

who am I kidding - it's Christchurch, of
course
I will know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment