Thursday, July 8, 2010

Superwoman Where Are You? - 4 March 2010

I am finding it really hard to stay motivated.

I am so busy at the moment that I end up in this vicious circle of exhaustion.
Too tired to go to the gym, too tired to make a salad, so I have cheese on toast which makes me even more tired.

This is what I am doing this month:

I have a baby shower to co-host

Millar's birthday party

Friends coming over for a bbq next weekend

full day of mystery shopping this weekend

assignment due on 22nd March which I still have incomplete data for.

Other studying

A dress to start making

a cake to start baking – actually two cakes, wedding and millar's birthday cake.

Celebrant to pay and tell her what vows we have decided on etc etc.

wedding invitations to post – at least they are finally finished!

a billion other things to arrange for the wedding.

this is on top of the usual:

continual gymbaroo, playdates, feeding, nappies, entertaining, putting back to bed 17 times a night.

Dinners to cook

biscuits to bake

shirts to iron

clothes to wash, hang, fold and put away

beds to make

floors to vacuum

floors to mop

toilets to clean

bathrooms to clean

ovens and windows to clean

garden to weed.



So somehow in between all this I have to fit in the gym.
And frankly I just want to go to bed.
I know I'm not the only one with a billion things to do while trying to look gorgeous.

How do you all do it?

I tried to read while on an exercycle – this didn't work too well so I can't imagine that baking a cake or making a dress will go too well while exercising either.

Today I will make a better effort at eating well so that I have more energy.
The good thing about weight watchers is that a couple of bad days isn't going to kill anyone and it's so easy to get back on track.
Today will be a salad day. Fish and salad for dinner.

Housework can be a workout if you make it one –
I'll vacuum faster and dance. Pulling weeds will be a workout and a half! If you've seen my garden you'll know what I mean.

I'll take Millar to the park today too. Hopefully he'll be exhausted and sleep better tonight.

My weightloss goal for my wedding is slipping away,
but still, I have lost 5 kilos which is better than nothing and I still have 3 months to go, and any loss is better than how I looked last year right?

So I can't give up and sit on the couch and eat chips – that is pure failure and I don't even want to do that anymore.

I just want enough energy to go hard at the gym as well as doing everything else and getting an A on my assignment, throwing the best birthday party for Millar and being perfect at everything.... is that too much to ask?
Probably.

Why do we try to be superwomen?

No comments:

Post a Comment