Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm a Costco convert! - 12th November 2009

Went to Costco yesterday and joined up  - the best thing is the big sign that says they will refund your membership if for any reason you are not satisfied. sold! $60 and 5 minutes later we are in the store wondering if we should have brought a compass and a packed lunch. This place is HUGE.

I usually shop at aldi so I wasn't convinced I could save money at Costco, but I took my last Aldi receipt with me to make sure I wasn't overspending. We packed the trolley full and only left because Millar said we had to (you know how kids get).

When I got home I did an analysis of the receipts and this is how it worked out.
I spent $98 and saved $34!!! thats about 30% that's awesome!

Here's where I saved money:
Pepsi max bottles $0.87 per litre (I bought 16 litres)
Plain flour $0.83c per kilo (i bought 8 kilos)
chickpeas $72c a can (I bought 12)
Longlife skim milk 99c a litre (i bought 20 litres)
multigrain bread $1.40 per loaf (i bought 6)
chopped garlic in a jar $3.99 a kilo - (bought a kilo jar)
eggs $1.99 a dozen - (I bought 2.5 dozen)
Hommus $6.39 a kilo (I bought 1 kilo)
Peanut Butter $4.40 a kilo (the jar is 1.36 kilos)
bbq sauce $2.25 litre (i bought a 4 litre jug - it's HUGE)
hot dog rolls $0.25 a roll - (I bought a pack of 24)

There are still so many more savings to be made so we will be going back soon.
And I am going to start a costco co-op with a friend so we can buy bulk items and split them to save more.

I'm in love with costco and not afraid to say it!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment